Sturgeon are amongst the most prized catches in Stardew Valley. Their elusive nature and high selling price make them a target for any aspiring angler. In this guide, we’ll delve deep into the world of Stardew Valley fishing and provide you with all the knowledge you need to catch this remarkable fish. We’ll discuss why sturgeon are important, how to catch them, and where to find these prized catches within the game.
Why Sturgeon are Important in Stardew Valley
Sturgeon hold a special place in the hearts of both in-game characters and players alike for several reasons. Firstly, they are one of the more valuable fish in Stardew Valley. Each sturgeon can be sold for a substantial profit, making them a great choice for players looking to maximise their earnings from fishing.
Furthermore, sturgeon are a key ingredient in the game’s crafting and cooking systems. Players can use sturgeon roe to make valuable artisan goods like caviar, which can be sold at a high price. In addition, it’s an essential component in some cooking recipes, adding a touch of elegance to your in-game culinary creations.
How to Catch Sturgeon
Catching a sturgeon in Stardew Valley requires a little patience and the right approach. Here are some key steps to increase your chances of a successful catch:
- Choose the Right Season: Sturgeon can only be caught during the summer and winter seasons in Stardew Valley. Make sure you’re fishing in the correct season to encounter them.
- Select the Ideal Fishing Spot: Head to the mountain lake or the mountain lake forest. Sturgeon can only be found in these two specific locations. Fishing in other areas won’t yield sturgeon.
- Time Matters: Sturgeon are night owls. You can start fishing for them as early as 6:00 PM. They are most active from 6:00 PM to 1:00 AM. Be sure to fish during this time to maximize your chances of finding one.
- Fishing Tackle: Invest in good-quality fishing tackle. A Spinner or Trap Bobber can increase your chances of reeling in a sturgeon. These tackles can be purchased from Mr. Willy’s shop, which opens after reaching level 6 in fishing.
- Bait Up: Using bait or wild bait will increase your chances of catching a sturgeon. Attach the bait to your fishing rod, and you’ll be more likely to encounter this elusive fish.
- Be Patient: Finally, be patient. Sturgeon aren’t the most common catch, and you might need several attempts before you get one on your line. Keep fishing during the right hours and seasons, and your patience will be rewarded.
Where to Find Sturgeon
As mentioned earlier, the best places to catch sturgeon in Stardew Valley are the mountain lake and the mountain lake forest. This large, serene lake, surrounded by beautiful pine trees, provides the perfect environment for these prized fish. Be patient, cast your line, and keep your focus on this scenic location. If luck is on your side, you’ll eventually hook a sturgeon.
While sturgeon might be a bit elusive in Stardew Valley, the rewards for catching them are undoubtedly worth the effort. These fish are valuable in terms of both monetary gain and their role in crafting and cooking. So, equip your fishing rod, head to the mountain lake or mountain lake forest during the correct seasons, and with the right tackle and bait, you’ll be well on your way to catching this exceptional fish.
Now you’re armed with the knowledge of how to catch sturgeon in Stardew Valley. Happy fishing, and may you fill your in-game coffers with the fruits of your angling labor!