The phenomenon of online casinos is more than two decades old. The initial online casinos were fairly basic and offered a limited selection of games, but they quickly became popular and started to evolve. Over the years, online casinos have continued to grow in popularity and have become a major industry, with millions of players around the world. Here in Australia, online venues have found their niche and are extremely popular now.
But the biggest increase in the popularity of casinos in Australia has taken place with the rise of smartphones with permanent access to the Internet to get the $100 no deposit bonus codes 2023 australia. The difference between the small number of geeks who own a home PC and almost everyone in the country who has a smartphone is enormous.
However, land-based casinos were not about to give up either, as they remained just as popular. The Covid pandemic and the lockdown that followed severely shook the position of traditional casinos, bringing their online versions to the fore. We will talk about them in this article, more precisely about such a phenomenon as bonuses in Australian online casinos.
It is necessary to begin by telling the difference between online casinos in the Land Down Under from land-based ones.
- Offline casinos are physical establishments located in specific places, while online casinos can be accessed from literally anywhere as long as you have an internet connection.
- Selection of games. Offline casinos typically have a limited selection of games compared to online casinos, which often offer hundreds or even thousands of different activities, mostly pokies.
- Online casinos are more convenient than offline venues, as they can be accessed from anywhere and at any time, and do not require travel. Also, there’s no such thing as face control on the websites.
- Bonuses and promotions. Online casinos in Australia tend to offer bonuses and promotions to attract and retain players, while offline establishments offer these incentives extremely rarely.
- Payment methods. Online casinos generally offer a wider range of payment options, including the opportunity to make deposits and withdrawals using credit cards, e-wallets, cryptocurrency, and other online payment methods. There’s no way land-based casinos can compare in this field.
- Offline casinos can offer a more social atmosphere, as players can interact with each other and with the dealers in person. Even social online casinos can’t be like that. Also, the unique atmosphere of the casino can’t be transferred via a relatively small device screen. VR headset brings you somewhere closer to this, but the vibe is still not the same.
- Both offline and online casinos are regulated by Australian gaming authorities, but the level of regulation varies a lot, especially depending on the state you live in.
Bonuses and promotions
Bonuses are a feature of both online and land-based casinos in Australia. They are offered to players as an incentive to encourage them to play more or to try out new games. Bonuses can come in many different forms, such as free spins, free play, or extra credits added to a player’s account. However, the concept of bonuses and the approach are completely different in online casinos and traditional ones.
Online casino bonuses
In online casinos, bonuses are often offered to new players as part of a welcome package. This may include a matching deposit bonus, where the casino will match a percentage of the player’s first deposit up to a certain amount. Other common bonuses in online casinos include free spins in pokies, free play on certain games, and cashback offers on net losses.
Aussie online casinos simply can not survive in the extremely competitive market without offering their players a bunch of bonuses. That’s why promotions became an integral part of every online venue not only in Australia but almost around the globe.
Offline venue treatments<
Land-based casinos also offer bonuses, although they may be structured differently. For example, a land-based casino might offer a loyalty program with rewards for players who accumulate a certain number of points. These rewards might include free play, and comps (complimentary items or services). These can include free meals, drinks, hotel rooms, or other perks. Land-based casinos may also offer bonuses to players in the form of free play or match play coupons, which can be used to play games or redeem for cash.
However, these bonuses are pretty rare and inconsistent, mostly oriented toward the VIP players. Unlike online casinos, Australian land-based casinos can’t offer a wide range of bonuses to every player.