In early 2023, the Nebraska Gaming Commission released its financial report for the past year, according to which you can look ahead optimistically. And the Grand Island Casino & Resort, which only ran for 5 days, paid most of the taxes. Thanks to the legalization of casinos in Nebraska, the treasury has been replenished with taxes that previously went to other states or illegal casinos. It is known that many Americans often play at Canadian casinos with no deposit bonuses and gambling sites with other foreign licenses.
The total tax income equaled $97,157.27, which was divided among the following departments:
- 70% to the Nebraska Tax Relief Fund: $68,010.09.
- 5% to the Nebraska General Fund: $2428.93.
- 5% to the Gaming Relief Fund: $2428.93.
- 5% to the city of Grand Island: $12,144.66.
- 5% to Hall County: $12,144.66.
According to Vince Fiala, general manager of Grand Island Casino, who has more than 15 years of experience in the gambling business, he expected exactly those numbers from 2022.
“Of course, we were able to show good numbers in the last five days of 2022, as newcomers are always given close attention. In addition, we allowed visitors to celebrate New Year’s Eve at our casino, which also brought in good profits.”
Economists also note the Lincoln WarHorse Casino, which opened in September 2022. Its tax payment for four months of operation was $2.7 million, which was split as follows:
- 70% to the Nebraska Tax Relief Fund: $1,896,580.05.
- 5% to the Nebraska General Fund: $67,735
- 5% to the Dependent Gaming Relief Fund: $67,735
- 5% to the city of Lincoln: $338,675.01.
- 5% to Lancaster County: $338,675.01.
More than $2 million was spent on property tax relief.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login